Reverse Engineering RET Homepage RET Members Reverse Engineering Projects Reverse Engineering Papers Reversing Challenges Reverser Tools RET Re-Search Engine Reverse Engineering Forum Reverse Engineering Links

Go Back   Reverse Engineering Team Board > Reverse Engineering Board > .NET Reverse Engineering
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2010, 12:23 AM

Default Here is a tough crackme challenge...

This app appears to have some form of protection that is unidentifiable and implements some form of debugger protection I am unable to bypass using the standard approaches IsDebugger checks etc.

http://rapidshare.com/files/440061158/Valhalla.zip

The challenge is to bypass the protection and to circumvent the logon check and allow access to all tools.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:11 PM

Crack Request detected ....
Old 01-01-2011, 04:27 AM

yeah, but interesting protection
Old 01-01-2011, 06:38 PM

first of all, I hate people who use cracked components or DLLs and to make commercial software and sell it.

also I hate people lying to me and telling me shit about how his boss wants to protect their precious shit ....

here is the unpacked file :

http://archiv.to/GET/FILEAF0ECC9EDB887

if you want the password you should write an apology for posting lies and also sending me many pms

the decision is yours now !
Old 01-01-2011, 09:05 PM

Default I apologize if someone my messaging came across as deceptive...

Kurapica,

I apologize if somehow my messaging came across as deceptive and I assure you that is not my intent. I do have a _real job_ as a software design engineer and I do dabble with XBOX modding. The truth is that we are looking at various obfuscation tools, other than the standard DotObfuscator. My manger or Boss or whatever you want to call him, seems to be sold on XHEO and he brought this up during one of our team meetings and said that he talked directly with XHEO and they told him it is the most secure thing out there.

Of course my work with XBOX modding makes me question any product that is deemed uncrackable. With this being said, I started doing some research and one of my modding mates said he though Valhalla was protected with XHEO.

My mission has been to provide evidence that it’s not uncrackable and I choose to use Valhalla as an example because I too do not agree with selling software when the components have been cracked and I get the added benefit of demonstrating to my team that it is crackable.

Sure, we all know that some protection is better than none, so it’s very possible that XHEO is still the solution we go with.

Regards,
SS

Last edited by SSBelmont : 01-01-2011 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:45 AM

here is the password : 4huXM01b7gj2LBQuhWvF

tell your boss that Xheo is a piece of shit