Reverse Engineering RET Homepage RET Members Reverse Engineering Projects Reverse Engineering Papers Reversing Challenges Reverser Tools RET Re-Search Engine Reverse Engineering Forum Reverse Engineering Links

Go Back   Reverse Engineering Team Board > Reverse Engineering Board > Reverse Code Engineering
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2008, 11:24 PM

lool

right kiki good dive
Old 02-07-2008, 07:58 PM

I downloaded both IDA + ollyDbg and tried to use them but i think this is harder then expected. I am trying to look for tutorials that would help me out but there a bit too advanced for me.

The problem i see with my program is its not just one program. The software consists of a database that i first have to start, then i have to start the License Manager which gets the info or keys from the dongle, then if those start successfully then i start the program which is a POS system. I am not sure which of the programs would have the algorithm to unlock modules, would it be the database? License Manager software, or the actual POS software?

But i think im learning which is good.

Thanks
Old 02-07-2008, 09:21 PM

@bassam
try first with your main executable program. Gain information from the main exe, and you will figure out... the protection scheme
Old 02-11-2008, 05:47 PM

I loaded the main executable but im not sure what i should be looking for. Is there something specific or common that i should look for?

Thanks
Old 02-13-2008, 05:38 AM

Smile

to activate other modules u need license for that module.every dongle got different licenses for each module.
thank you
Old 02-13-2008, 11:12 PM

Thats true but if i lets say want to add more stations lets say from currently 3 stations to lets say 5 stations. I would just give them my dongle key and they would then most likely give me 4 new keys to enter into the dongle which give me the choice of using 5 stations instead of 3. So i guess the only way to find out how to do this is to know what algorithm they use to generate the keys that they give me.

Thanks